Few places on earth offer a variety of natural beauty and activities that can equal the San Francisco Bay Area.
One of the world’s top tourist destinations, hundreds of leading companies have their headquarters here. The mild climate is ideal for sightseeing, exercise, and exploring the riches of greater northern California coastal area from Big Sur to Sonoma. Highlights include:
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Stanford University
- Carmel, Monterey, and Big Sur
- National, state, and local parks for hiking and biking
Resources near Ananda Community:
You’ll find public transportation with a short walk of the Ananda Community, as well as marshlands for hiking, foothill parks with hundreds of miles of scenic trails, and major stores and restaurants.
- The picturesque Milk Pail Market is a European-style grocery with a large selection of fresh produce and imported and domestic deli items. Trader Joe and a large Whole Foods are within 5 minutes of the community.
- San Antonio Shopping Plaza includes Walmart, Trader Joe, Ross, Mervyn’s, Safeway, Fresh Choice, and dozens of additional stores about 15 minutes’ walk south of the community.
- The Palo Alto Baylands and Shoreline Park offer dozens of miles of scenic trails for walking and biking by the Bay, with colorful migratory shorebirds most of the year. The Baylands connect with other protected marshlands throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Ananda Sangha in Palo Alto provides classes and special events year-round based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda.
- Stanford University is a major center of cultural and educational opportunities for the general public.
- CalTrain connects Mountain View with San Francisco, San Jose, and the cities of the Peninsula. The San Antonio train station is 5 minutes from the community. CalTrain accommodates bicycles.
- Half Moon Bay with its public beaches is 45-60 minutes, with many miles of trails.